First Methodist Church
(now Christ the King Community Church)
Gothic Revival features of this almost hundred year old church include a variety of compound Gothic arches, tracery, and pictorial stained glass. The dark red pressed brick building rests on a concrete foundation punctuated with small, square openings. The exterior trim is Bedford limestone. Fred Hill was the contractor and interior finishing was completed by Ed Larson. The interior auditorium was designed to seat 225, and was finished in oak.
The Stoughton Methodist Episcopal Church was organized in 1859. The early congregation originally met in a school house and in a second floor room over O.N. Falk’s Drugstore. The first church building was constructed on N. Water Street in 1867. The new Main Street church cost $9,000 to build and equip.