This cream brick house is associated with two prominent early owners, Frank Allen and later, Fred Falk. The brick is trimmed with limestone, the material used for the foundation. The hipped roof is finished with a balustrade at the deck and a pair of dormers. Brackets at the eaves and an Ionic-columned porch further enhance the design.
Frank Allen served as one of the first officers of Stoughton when the village government was created in 1868. He was an attorney and the publisher of the Stoughton Reporter. A native of New York, he and Norwegian-born Anna Allen had four children: Flora, Lewis B., Minnie, and Ralph.
It appears that the earliest house on the site was extensively rebuilt by later owners including Fred Falk, a druggist. Sophia and Fred Falk had one daughter, Karen.