Residential Design Guidelines

East Side Tour

Northwest Tour

Southwest Side Tour

East Park Tour

Historic Main Street Tour

Downtown Design Guidelines

The Commission Publications

Related Links

COA &  Instructions

Glossary

 

 


The landmarks below are Locally Designated Landmarks and/or landmarks that are individually listed in the National and/or State Register of Historic Places.
See Types for more information about the types of landmarks found in Stoughton.

 

126 east wash

 

327 east wash

1. The Gertrud and Jens J. Naeset House, 126. E. Washington Street, was built in 1878. It is listed in the State and National Registers of Historic Places, and it is also a Locally Designated Landmark.
 

 

2. The Iverson Johnson House, 327 E. Washington Street, was built in 1898. It is listed in the State and National Registers of Historic Places, and it is also a Locally Designated Landmark.
 

high school

 

201 s franklin street

3. The 1892 High School, 211 N. Forrest Street, was built in 1892. It is listed in the State and National Registers of Historic Places, and it is also a Locally Designated Landmark.
 

 

4. The Lewis Rinde House, 201 S. Franklin Street, was built in 1903. It is listed in the State and National Registers of Historic Places as part of the East Side Historic District. It is also a Locally Designated Landmark.
 

404 s fifth street

 

324 s paige street

5. The Ole K. Roe House, 404 S. Fifth Street, was built in 1892. It is listed in the State and National Registers of Historic Places, and it is also a Locally Designated Landmark.
 

 

6. The Stoughton Universalist Church, 324 S. Page Street, was built in 1858. It is listed in the State and National Registers of Historic Places as part of the Southwest Side Historic District. It is also a Locally Designated Landmark.
 

401 w south street

 

404 garfield street

7. The Sarah & August E. Ovren House, 401 W. South Street, was built in 1884. It is listed in the State and National Registers of Historic Places as part of the Southwest Side Historic District. It is also a Locally Designated Landmark.
 

 

8. West School, 404 Garfield Street, was built in 1886. It is listed in the State and National Registers of Historic Places as part of the Southwest Side Historic District.
It is also a Locally Designated Landmark.
 

 

 

 

Individually Listed Landmarks (As of March, 2004)
 

Historic Name

Address

Year Built

Designations

 1 Gjertrud & Jens J. Naeset House

126 E. Washington Street

1878

LDL, NRHP, SRHP

 2 Iverson Johnson House

327 E. Washington Street

1898

LDL, NRHP, SRHP

 3 1892 High School

211 N. Forrest Street

1892

LDL, SRHP, NRHP

 4 Lewis Rinde House

201 S. Franklin Street

1903

LDL, ESHD, NRHP, SRHP

 5 Ole K. Roe House

404 S. Fifth Street

1892

LDL, NRHP, SRHP

 6 Stoughton Universalist Church

324 S. Page Street

1858

LDL, SWHD, NRHP, SRHP

 7 Sarah & August E. Ovren House

401 W. South Street

1884

LDL, SWHD, NRHP, SRHP

 8 West School

404 Garfield Street

1886

LDL, SWHD, NRHP, SRHP

 

 

 

 

Key to Designations

Main Street Historic District

MSHD

 

East Side Historic District

ESHD

 

Southwest Side Historic District

SWHD

 

Northwest Side Historic District

NWHD

 

National Register of Historic Places

NRHP

 

State Register of Historic Places

SRHP

 

Locally Designated Landmark

LDL