The similar plans and details of the houses in the 1100 block of E. Main St. suggest a common builder or plan book. Many builders worked from standard plans in this period, with variations in the detailing of the roof, a porch, or windows adding desired variety. Hip or cross-gable roofs were popular, along with a projecting front gable and canted bay (one with clipped corners) like that seen on the Jorgenson House (left). The builder of the Olson House (right) arranged a bay with canted corners under broad overhanging eaves. According to Lisa Root, the current owner, the original roof and chimney were destroyed by a lighting strike in 1907.
Louis Jorgenson, at 1100, was employed as a painter. The property was in the family until the 1950s. Mons Olson was the first owner of 1108, followed by Lars Kravik in the 1920s. From the 1930s until the 1970s, it was owned by Aagot Sannes. The Sannes family owned the Stoughton bakery that is now Fosdals.